Monday, September 12, 2011

Will it really create more jobs?

As part of Obama’s stimulus plan, he suggest that getting your money now instead of over years to replace equipment will create more jobs?

After reading over the article Boost spending on equipment, create more jobs? By Annalyn Censky @CNNMoney on CNN, I thought I would share my opinion.

I find this article is interesting because I am not 100 percent sold that it would actually work.  It suggest that giving more money upfront to replace equipment that probably has another 10-20 years left in it will help employers open up funds to hire more people.  It is like the saying goes; do not try to replace something that not broken.  I think this would open doors to business’s buying new equipment to better their current environment but not hire more people. 

Yes it could possibly offer more factory jobs in the end, as the article suggested, but not every American can work in a factory.  More and more people are working well over the retirement age and certainly could not work in that type of environment.

No comments: